Designing the sustainable acoustic building materials for tomorrow means producing environmentally friendly materials today. BAUX aims to provide long-lasting functional solutions which help to build societies that support fully sustainable lifestyles.
Sustainability is a fundamental part of the core business model.
As a global design company, BAUX wants to influence and initiate sustainable design and safe living.
Producing environmentally friendly acoustic products, BAUX challenges consumption-heavy norms and focuses on long-term sustainable solutions. They do this by increasing awareness about good acoustic design and the associated health benefits. Sound-proof designed environments increases productivity, facilitates learning and reduces stress. To reach these goals, BAUX delivers the following benefits:
- Extended lifetime for all materials and products.
- Designs remain functional over time.
- Support and collaborate on projects that redefine boundaries within the building industry by developing environmentally friendly solutions.
- All employees at BAUX possess acoustic knowledge.
- BAUX can advise architects, interior designers, and other collaborators about benefits of acoustically designed environments.
We use natural, environmentally friendly materials that have a low impact on the environment. All materials used in the production process are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Tractability to the source of origin.
- Zero risk of dangerous content for recycled materials.
- Low VOC (Volatile organic compounds).
- Ability to recycle and/or reuse materials.
All production methods are sustainable from both an environmental and social perspective. To ensure quality and sustainability in production processes and working environments, we commit to:
- Fostering close collaboration and high transparency with partners and manufactures.
- High quality working conditions for factory employees.
- Using local materials wherever possible to minimize environmental impact.
- Using certified materials or materials from suppliers with an environmental focus.
- Recycling or reusing at least 80% of the waste from our production processes.
- Maximizing the proximity to our customers and reducing our transportation footprint (manufacturing in USA and Sweden, with plans to also produce in Asia).